Teeth Whitening Near You
There are two routes available to you if you’re interested in enhancing the appearance of your smile: professional teeth whitening or do-it-yourself whitening. Each of these options has its pros and cons, so it comes down to your preferences and what you’re willing to spend.
Before you commit to any specific form of treatment, it’s a good idea to speak with your dentist. They’ll let you know if you’re eligible for teeth whitening in York; if not, they’ll suggest the best alternatives for your unique case.
Types of Teeth Whitening
Described below are the main characteristics of each method of teeth whitening:
- Performed by a dentist.
- Strong concentrations of hydrogen or carbamide peroxide are used as the bleaching agent.
- Only a single appointment is needed.
- Your teeth can be enhanced 2-8 shades brighter.
- Results last approximately 3 months before touch-ups are required.
- Treatments can be purchased at pharmacies and other stores.
- There are multiple methods for you to choose from depending on your preferences including whitening strips and gels, mouthwash, brushing with baking soda, and rubbing peels of lemon on your smile.
- Results are gradual as opposed to being visibly immediate.
- Frequent touch-ups will be needed.
There are benefits and drawbacks to each method. For example, although professional teeth whitening in York can be significantly more expensive, the treatment is safe, and the results are long-lasting. In comparison, DIY whitening is more affordable, but not all options will be as effective as you may like.
How to Keep Your Smile White
Once your teeth have undergone treatment, there are some measures you can take to help them stay nice and white. Not smoking, eating less food and drinks that will stain your teeth (ie: curry, berries, red wine, and soda), attending biannual dental appointments, and cleaning your teeth after meals are just a few good strategies.
And if you have any concerns or questions, be sure to speak to your dentist. They can help you identify the best process for your unique case.
At Keele Crosstown Dental, we offer teeth whitening near you. Are you ready to obtain the smile you’ve been dreaming of? If so, feel free to call, visit our website, or stop by our local practice to talk with a member of our team. We’ll help you set up a visit that works for you!