The length of Invisalign treatment can vary depending on your unique oral health situation. Treatment times with various systems, ranging from 3 months to 18 months.
For instance, you can anticipate seeing quick effects of Invisalign near you if you want to address any minor crowding. The waiting period may exceed a year, however, for biting problems that are more complicated. You may determine which type of Invisalign is best for you by reading about the various types, how quickly they work, and who they are intended for in the sections below.
How Long Do I Have to Wear Invisalign For?
Through tiny motions, aligners softly prod teeth into a healthier position. To ensure that patients have little discomfort throughout treatment, the little adjustments are spaced out over a few months or longer. Each subsequent tray is straighter than the one before it, making the process very efficient. Only when the aligner trays are in direct physical contact with the teeth do they work. For this reason, after getting Invisalign in York, it is advised to wear the trays for at least 20 to 22 hours per day.
The idea behind the tray design is that you will follow through the timeline to wear. This guideline should be followed to avoid problems, pain, and potentially treatment timetable delays.
What Happens If I Don’t Follow the Instructions?
It will be challenging to resolve issues if the trays are not worn for the recommended 20 to 22 hours each day. These difficulties comprise, first and foremost:
- Delayed effects: In the short term, discomfort may come from not wearing the trays. If you break the 20 to 22-rule for an extended period of time, you might not be able to enjoy the aesthetic outcomes by the deadline you worked so hard for. Your dentist near you will discuss your treatment schedule with you when you receive your initial set of trays. The dentist will schedule regular checks so they can keep track of your development.
You may be required to wear your current trays for an extended period of time if your teeth are not moving desirably. You might also need to have a completely new set of trays produced if your progress has fallen too far behind.
- Discomfort: The most essential period is the first many days following the placement of a new tray. You’ll feel pressure against some teeth. It is crucial to keep your trays in for at least 20 hours per day, even though this pressure may cause some discomfort. To eat you can take off your transparent aligners. Your teeth may somewhat shift back to their original position when you take the trays out for a longer period of time. You will experience mild amounts of discomfort or even agony when you put your new tray back on after a lengthy interval, even though this is typically not visible.
Follow through on these tips when you receive treatment in order ensure that you obtain perfect results:
- Before going to bed, wear your new aligners to “sleep off” pain and discomfort.
- Do not attempt to fix broken aligners.
- Inform your dentist in York right away if any aligners are broken or missing.
- Recognize that there will be times when you experience discomfort and soreness.
- Purchase a mouthguard tray to keep your aligners in place when not in use.
Consult Our Keele Crosstown Dental
Keele Crosstown Dental offers orthodontic treatments, including Invisalign, to give you a straighter smile more quickly. You can get the desired cosmetic effects on schedule and with little discomfort by adhering to the 20–22 hour compliance rule.
Contact us right away to find out more and to start your orthodontic treatment!