Dental Implants Near You
If you’re preparing to receive dental implants, you should be aware that this is a surgical process that requires a substantial time commitment. It can also be quite costly. But despite that, there is a reason why dental implants are frequently recommended to patients who are missing teeth: because it is a very effective treatment and, if they’re looked after, they will last you a lifetime.
Are you curious to learn more about dental implants in York? No problem! Contact our local dental practice to find out more information about this treatment today.
Reasons to Get Implants
Dental implants can help restore a patient’s smile in a number of ways. This procedure may be right for you if:
- You’re missing one or multiple teeth.
- Don’t smoke.
- Cannot or won’t wear dentures.
- Have healthy gum tissues.
- Your jawbone is healthy and fully developed.
- Are looking to pronounce words (and therefore talk) more clearly.
You will need to participate in an initial oral examination and have x-rays taken before you can receive dental implants. These two measures allow your dentist to understand your current oral health situation and confirm your eligibility.
A step-by-step guide to receiving dental implants near you is below:
- Receiving approval from your dentist through a consultation.
- Preparing your mouth. This includes making molds of your tooth and, if necessary, undergoing a bone graft if your jawbone isn’t strong enough and needs to be reconstructed.
- Installing the implant screw. The titanium screw is drilled into your jawbone. Each entity will fuse over time, establishing a very solid base for the rest of the implant and your overall smile.
- Installing the abutment. This is the piece that connects the screw to the prosthetic.
- Healing period. Several weeks of rest are required to help your mouth heal from the surgery.
- Placing the prosthetic. Typically, the prosthetic comes in the form of a dental crown. This is placed on top of the abutment and is the visible portion of the implant.
Voila! All done! Be sure to follow any instructions that your dental team provides you. You may experience some slight soreness in the hours following your appointment, but this will fade. Take Advil or Tylenol as prescribed.
Come in and see us here at Keele Crosstown Dental if you’re ready to acquire dental implants in York. Our staff is here to guide you on your journey and help you obtain the smile you’ve always wanted!