Dental Bridges Near You
These days, thanks to all the wonderful advancements in dentistry, there are a lot of ways that you can go about repairing your smile if you’re missing teeth. Acquiring a dental bridge is one such method that you should keep in mind.
Are you on the hunt for an affordable yet effective restorative treatment? Here at our local dental clinic, we offer dental bridges in York to patients who need them.
The Basics of Dental Bridges
A dental bridge is a unique type of prosthetic that’s made to fill in gaps in between your teeth. Though there are four different kinds of bridges that you can acquire depending on your dental situation each prosthetic is the same – an artificial tooth will physically fill in the space, and the two abutments (often dental crowns) are fastened to your neighboring teeth to keep it in place.
Touched on below are the forms of bridges available to all patients:
- Traditional bridge (described above).
- Maryland bridge – This device incorporates a customized framework to hold your bridge in place instead of abutment crowns.
- Cantilever bridge – Only one abutment is utilized instead of two.
- Implant-supported bridge – As the name implies, the dental bridge is fastened to implant screws to keep it from shifting or falling out.
Porcelain is one of the most common materials used to create these bridges because they seamlessly blend in with the natural appearance of your smile. Metal or a hybrid of porcelain-fused-to-metal can also be used. Talk to your dentist about which choice is best for your case.
Reasons to Receive a Dental Bridge
There are a lot of advantages to receiving dental bridges in York, and they are:
- Improving your ability to bite and chew.
- Helping you talk more clearly.
- Restoring the shape of your face.
- Enhancing the aesthetic of your smile.
- Lending support to your overall smile.
- Stopping your teeth from shifting out of place.
Before you undergo any form of dental treatment, make sure that you schedule a private consultation with your dentist. When you come in, they’ll examine your teeth and gums and may need to take some x-rays to build a comprehensive image of your dental situation. Your dentist will also ask you questions about your dental history and preferences. Before the appointment concludes, they will let you know if you’re a good candidate for a dental bridge.
At Keele Crosstown Dental, we provide dental bridges near you. If you’re looking to gather more information about this process, call, come in, or fill out the online forum on our website to pick a time to come in and see our dentist.
We can’t wait to work with you and help you restore your smile!